Create a little piece of art with items you may already have in your sewing space. Making technique tags is fun, fast, and easy to do. I create these tags to showcase my favorite techniques or to practice new ones that I’ve just learned. My latest video shows you how to create a double-sided tag that features pintucks on one side and stitching buttons on the other. You can use any small fabric swatches you have, with or without stitching to decorate your tags.
- Two shipping Tags – I started with shipping tags that you can buy at office supply stores or online. You can also make your own by cutting cardstock into a tag shape, then punch a hole in the center of the top of the tag.
- Ink/Stamps – I used an all-over design
- Fabric Scraps (I used one on each side)
- Decorative cardstock to cover Side 2
- Tissue or Mulberry paper
- 3 diamonds cut from decorative paper
- 3 wooden (or plastic) buttons
- 1 technique scrap – mine shows pintucks
- 1 trinket, sticker, or label – I used a leather tag and attached it with black brads
- Ribbon(s) for the top of the tag – I used 2 pieces, about 10”-12” each
CLICK HERE or on the image below to see how easy and fun it is to make technique tags. Feel free to put your own touch on your tags – it’s all about wht you like! If you make any technique tags, I’d love to see them so I can share them.
Here’s a video for making pintucks and one for sewing on buttons. I used both of these techniques on the tag but didn’t give details in the tag video.
Let me know if you like the tags and as always,